Joint Pain Causes + 5 Pro Tips to Avoid
Discomfort, aches or soreness of the knees, elbows, shoulders, ankles or hips is generally known as joint pain. Depending on the intensity of the pain, whether or not serious injury has occured, and the duration of the discomfort, a physical examination should be performed by a doctor.
What causes joint pain?
One of the most common causes of joint pain is arthritis. This is a condition characterized by the breakdown of the cartilage cushioning the joints, resulting in pain and inflammation in the affected areas.
Other causes of joint pain include overuse of a joint, bursitis, lupus, tendinitis, injury or gout.
5 pro tips to avoid joint pain
- Stay active. Moderate exercise in the form of a fitness program can be beneficial for those struggling with joint pain. However, exercising should always start with stretching, which helps maintain a good range of motions in the joints.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Combine exercise with a healthy diet in order to maintain a balanced weight and reduce the pressure on the joints.
- Using a brace or wrap. A brace or wrap can help lessen stress on the joints, preventing additional harm to the affected area.
- Massage. Maintain mobility of the hands and fingers by massaging with a natural cream such as Swissflex Joint Massage Cream. This aids the connective tissue and supports joint care with a formulation of arnica, brown algae, and essential oils.
- Rest. Especially in the case of joint pain caused by overuse, taking a break can be particularly helpful. You can also ice the affected area if it’s inflamed and painful.